The Gaping Hole

Highlights: Resolina takes a road trip to Sauron's Tower... several times

January 5th

Dor Amarth (Levels 107 - 109)
Missing Page: #1, 2, 3 (Up hidden lava path by 115s), #9 (115s site), 12 (well-hidden, sitting in the corner of the castle wall)
Problems: Glitched under Barad-dûr front door twice
Ventrilo Spoiler: "Yeah, he's such a jerk. At least you get to kill him later."

Spreadsheet Friday: Court of Seregost, Naerband, The Maze Box Run. The rewards might be random from Court of Seregost but every now and then you can get a very good run in. I've seen myself obtain 9 legacy scrolls and 2 Star-Lit crystals from just doing T1 & T2. I'm still on the edge with Naerband. I can't stand going through the fire pit. No literally, I feel like I would die any second if I stand in one spot without someone healing my way through. The final boss still tends to throw everyone in jail. I don't think they nailed out all the problems in that instance. We spent most of the time just doing Great Barrows: The Maze as the level 115. Surprisingly, it randomly rewards 2 Slithers of Black Key and a Ranger Box for The Wastes Crafting Reputation. We attempted challenge mode. I had fun running around in circles with a long conga line of wights chasing me. I also had fun having a Rohirric Follower sticking right behind me on his horse. We tried running a level 100 and 105 for the inferior box but it just didn't drop until we ran it at level 114.

Dor Amarth: I loved all the stories in this zone. You've got the mystery behind The Stout-axes and Fire-Horns story arc and the curiosity of items in The Treasures of Barad-Dur quest arc. You've got two awesome castles: Lûghash and Barad-dûr. You have some fanatics that still don't accept Sauron's death. You've got Sauron's lieutenants having a meeting in Instance: The Ithil-stone. I really liked how well-made the statues are put together. I still have a couple of complaints: (1) The quest text gets very extensive. I felt like they were trying to squeeze a ton of history into the logs. They got as bad as Bingo's story-telling. (2) There was way too much unnecessary traveling. Ruins of Dingarth is the only access point and it's on the far western side of the map. I can't tell you how many times I just got a quest, turned it in, and was told to go back to the exact spot I came from. 

 

          

Other: The epic didn't really contribute much to this zone. There was some empty threats made from Dulgabêth to Aragorn and maybe a quick visit to the ruins of Barad-Dur. I started to learn that some of the book pages are located where the Allegiance quests take you after completing Mordor. I find this kind of a shame. It just makes me more determined in finding the pages. At least I stumbled upon Roselega, befuddled and confused like I was in trying to find a page. We took the search up a hidden lava path to find the first three pages.

 

2018-01-10