Creepy Crawlers

 Highlights: Resolina takes some needed vacation time remodeling the Kinhouse after an encounter from Shelob's brood

January 6th

Kinhouse: I love decorating and there is a lot of things I can't do with my own place. Between all of my houses, which I posted about a couple weeks ago, I only have one enormous yard slot. I admire what Taise did with the kinhouse. In the early levels, they give you plenty to work with among all the crafting recipes. They have opened so many new options with the introduction of Bingo Boffin's questline, Hytbold, Dol Amroth, and Minas Tirith. Even Mordor has a slew of fun things to do around the house. I made sure to leave anything that had ownership tied to them. I also respected Taise's decorating skills by keeping a few items in their place. The pictures I have are very limited simply because you can go visit the kinhouse yourself. I don't have any before/after snapshots.

      

Kinhouse Outside: There is limited knowledge on how many hooks each house has. I replaced the tents and added three new Enormous Yard Decorations: Beacon of Gondor, Eorl Memorial, and Dol Amroth Fountain. The fourth enormous yard slot currently holds Elaelin's new favorite toy: Snow Arena. I'm not too happy how things unfolded to the outside. Honestly, I feel the decorations might be a little too big. I find myself running a little ways around the fountain to access the tiny crafting center. I also added the three Bounder Bounty Trolls from the event prior to the release of the Helm's Deep expansion in November, 2013. If I knew their rarity back then, I would have gotten a lot more items. I can't exactly add anything more to the outside. I really wish they would allow us to move items around like the interior decorations. Until then, I'm at least satisfied with the changes. If the kin decides otherwise, we can always change it back.

Kinhouse Interior: I have kind of divided up the rooms into separate themes. The left side of the house is Rohan while the right side of the house is Gondor. The back room is the library with various maps and shelves to explore. If you wanted to have a little bit of fun, I included a sort of Waldo game. Turn off decoration mode and floating names for full effect. See if you can find:

  • 5 Mordor Audio Books 
  • 10 Gondorian Wall Shields 
  • A Pair of Bat Wings from Moria
  • Two cats

There are still several small and large furniture slots (and floor slots) scattered down the central hallway that can hold items. A few items, especially from the Bingo Boffin questline, I have for personal use. Otherwise I think the interior turned out rather nice. Of course, it will always be an ongoing project. A few things to note while going through the house:

  • Audio books will overlap if you try playing them one after another. They are extremely long to listen to.
  • A few of the kegs will teleport you. I believe you can still get drunk from the Rohirrim keg and stay within the house if you want.
  • You can have the high elf guard follow you around with a giant torch lighting up the house.
  • The mushroom from Moria will cause you to /heave

 

 Lhingris (Levels 110, 111)
Missing Pages: None
Problems: Glitched when trying to jump into Shelob's hole

Lhingris: This area has to be the creepiest, most icky zone I have ever seen. And I love it. It may as well be the best zone in Mordor! I managed to find all the pages of the book while questing in the zone. I even found the two pages, #2 and #15, in the level 115 area simply because I got lost on my way south. I thought the zone was going to flyby with basic quests as you jump from one point to the next. Then the fun really begins when you reach Cirith Ungol. First, you take orders from Captain Roglarg (which I wish had a better sounding voice). He sends you around in making sure the place still holds up against the spider force. Then something happens and the whole area physically changes. The story is brilliantly done as you hear a ton of lore behind Shelob's brood (There is a hidden deed for killing 1,000 of them). You get to find out more about Sam rescuing Frodo from different perspectives. You might not be able to visit Gothmog in Fennas Gost just yet, but at least you get to see orcs being dragged away by spiders. And they are some of the coolest looking spiders too.

 

               

2018-01-13